Hi friends. I’m Ellen - mama over at @ellen_wags, pharmacist, photographer, and lover of all things small shop! My husband, Matt, and I have two amazing little gals, Abby and Madelyn. I stumbled upon the small shop world when I was home on maternity leave after having Abby and have been totally hooked since.
I love shopping small businesses whenever I can, so I wanted to share my favorite mama and kid small shop finds for the upcoming holiday season. Most of the small businesses included are not for clothing, but don’t underestimate the value of a small shop gift card with a personalized note describing why you love the shop and what your favorite items are! The kid gift selections are geared for the six and under crowd, and I’m totally guilty of including household items on the mama gift list. This is a collection of items we own and love and some items that are on our own holiday wishlists!
- Made By Mary hand stamped necklace - This is quite possibly my favorite gift I’ve ever received! Matt gave me a necklace with two discs, one with each of our daughters’ initials, and I haven’t taken it off since. (PS I’m wearing it with my gorgeous Emme Mama dress!).
- Honey and Roses Coffee Subscription - I wasn’t a coffee drinker until I had kids. Now I love a piping hot cup of joe. This online coffee market sources their organic, fair-trade, ethically sourced coffee from roasters across the United States. Your first subscription box includes a reusable coffee cup, coffee spoon, and a french press.
- P.F. Candle Co Scent Starter Kit - I. Love. Candles. And all things “smell good” in our home. My pick is the Tried and Trues Set.
- Socco Designs Suede Slippers - I need a new pair of house slippers and these look perfect! I like that these are a simple, handmade design without a fur lining. Perfect for our mild Alabama weather!
- Dazed but Amazed Linen Bedding Set - Matt and I have thought about splurging on some beautiful linen bedding for a while. I love these carefully curated sets from this Australian mama.
- Arq Undies - These uber comfy underwear sets are totally worth the splurge. Plus, there are matching sets for your minis!
- Hazel Village Stuffed Animals + accessories - If you have checked out my Instagram, it will come as no surprise that this is at the top of my kids list! These handmade stuffed animal and human friends are THE CUTEST, and don’t even let me get started on the accessories.
- Rock Blocks - I love gifting simple, beautiful toys. These wooden Rock Blocks and their new cousin, Stacks, are great for imaginative play and sibling tower building competitions.
- Plain Jane Pajamas - Leading up to our first Christmas with Abby, we decided to follow the four gift rule of “something to wear, something to read, something you want, something you need.” While we don’t still follow this as closely now, I like to include an item to wear under the tree for my girls. Plain Jane pajamas are the softest pajamas I’ve ever found!
- Twee Sidewalk Chalk - One look at these adorable handmade sidewalk chalk sets, and you will be in love. My oldest is unicorn obsessed, so the unicorn horn chalk set is the perfect stocking stuffer for her!
- Candylab Vintage inspired toy cars - These wooden toy cars come in several sizes, colors, and styles, so surely there is something to stretch every kid’s imagination muscles. Bonus - pick up one of the WayToPlay x Candylab collaboration sets to turn your living room into a racetrack.
- KindKidSquad Superhero Collection - My kids love to dress up in costumes. These adorable mama-made superhero capes, masks, and arm cuffs are perfect for in-home rescue missions.
I hope you find something you love on this small list of holiday gifts! Happy shopping and happy holidays!